- The movie Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to release in December
- WAX Blockchain is selected by Sony Pictures and AMC Theatres to be the official blockchain for the “Spider-man: No Way Home” NFT promotion
- Around 86,000 special edition NFTs will be released through the WAX Blockchain
The WAX blockchain tweeted that they have been selected for the latest Spiderman NFT promotion. This marks the first NFT promotional release that involves a studio and a major theatrical exhibitor.
Adam Aron who is the Chairman of the Board and CEO at AMC Theatres has been quoted saying:
“In addition to being eco-friendly, it was essential that the process for receiving the NFT was also consumer friendly. It’s easy to use and already widely adopted WAX Cloud Wallet combined with no gas fees for minting, sending and receiving NFTs gave us confidence that everyone, including first time blockchain users, would be able to participate in the promotion.”
WAX will be ensuring that the entire process will be as user-friendly and accessible as possible by having a dedicated site for the release. This will enable people who are new to NFTs to also participate easily.
How To Participate
- You should have a pre-purchased theatre ticket that went on sale starting November 29, 2021, at 12:01 pm ET
- An exclusive NFT will be released to each of the first 86,000 AMC Stubs A-List, Premiere, and Investor Connect members after they attend the opening on December 16 with the advance tickets
- Setup your WAX Cloud Wallet to receive the NFT when AMC distributes the redemption codes on December 22, 2021
- You must redeem the codes by 3/01/2022 at 11:59:59 PM EST
It Is All About WAX
WAX is a purpose-built blockchain founded by William Quigley and Jonathan Yantis. It has been designed to be scalable and eco-friendly. The WAXP token has many uses that include staking, voting, DeFi applications and NFT purchases and sales. Developers can also propose WAX projects through the WAX Labs. You can use WAXP to buy and sell over 60 million NFT assets from a choice of over 30,000 dApps and NFT projects.
With this tie-up, WAX has access to the huge Spiderman fan base. People who have no prior exposure to NFTs will be able to start their journey. It will also generate a lot of publicity among those who missed out on the advance ticket purchases.